Hello, which language should I start with?

+8 Frenonia Walls · October 21, 2014
I'm new to all this.  I'm trying to figure out which language should I learn first?  Any suggestions? I'm totally open to suggests.

Post a Reply

Replies

- page 2
Oldest  Newest  Rating
0 ♦Avishka RJ ♦™ · March 3, 2015
yeah i am going to try to figure out this after my mid semester EXAM.
+1 Gary Watson · March 3, 2015
As the others have said it very much depends on what you want to achieve.
Also what platform do you want to develop on?

If you are using a Mac, then Swift would be my choice.

If you are using a Windows PC, then C# is widely used and is a great language and is pretty modern.

Bucky has a lot of great tutorials on here, so try a few out and see what suits your best.
+1 0x13a _ · March 1, 2015
I think that C language is very helpful ! A lot of languages are based on C sintax (PHP java C++ ). So after that you can start studying an object oriented programming language such as Java or C++ :)
0 Abdullah Nauman · March 1, 2015
Yea, Java is a great language. You can make games, websites, apps, and software!
+2 Abdullah Nauman · March 1, 2015
Yea, Java is a great language. You can make games, websites, apps, and software!
0 ♦Avishka RJ ♦™ · March 1, 2015
C++
+1 ♦Avishka RJ ♦™ · March 1, 2015
I am not going to start programming from the beginning. At the moment i am learning C++ and I need to learn another.
That is why i ask it from you.
I think JAVA is better
0 Alf Nohr · February 25, 2015
I started with Java and switched to C++ (Still learning it though) once I got the basic stuff down. Worked great for me :)
0 ♦Avishka RJ ♦™ · February 25, 2015
Visual basic and python are the best language to identify the basic rules of programming. 
In those languages syntax are easy than others. 
+1 Alex Micharski · February 22, 2015
Hello, I am Alex, an Associate of Computer Science. First you should learn how to use Alice 3D. Learning to use Alice 3D will rapidly increase your skill and understanding of making 3D objects and Java. Once you learn Java, you can move onto C# which will get you intelligent in many types of programming. Then you can go to HTML which will get you deep into programming and will bring you to CSS, and then JavaScript, then PHP, then SQL, then ASP, then at C, you will learn some concepts of Low Leveled Programming which can bring you to Assembly Language, or the most stressful language to learn. As a stress reliever, learn BASIC which can perform most of the tasks that C can perform, but it's much easier. Now with the knowledge of all these languages, you can make anything computer-related.

When you get to Mobile Development, start off with Android Development because that will make the job much easier, and the best part about Android Development is the fact that the main language you need to learn is Java. You might run into some Ruby while working with Android Development, with Ruby, you can learn Python, then you can jump to Apple Development and use X Code. Please know that Apple Development is the complete opposite of Windows and Android.

Now with the knowledge of all of this, you can do A N Y T H I N G !

Introductions

107,361 followers
About

Just joined the website? Feel free to introduce yourself here. Oh, by the way, welcome to BuckysRoom!

Links
Moderators
Bucky Roberts Administrator