</html>

/images/forum/upload/2014-10-17/b3a0a22c264b3ec9fb72a7e7e4e00139.PNG

Post a Reply

Replies

Oldest  Newest  Rating
0 HyJax LTD · October 20, 2014
Thanks again.

This placed rocks.

Finally a forum where we aren't trolled out because we don't know something and want to ask!!!
+1 Jeremy Benson · October 20, 2014
I've been doing some searching around on this. There are some comparability issues between IE and file types. I think below EI 9 they couldn't use .png for favicon. Something like that...

I know there's an issue somewhere. .ico files can be used and .png, probably others. Target size of around 16X16 or 32X32.

If you research favicon in browser tab you'll probably find all the info. The cross browser issue was explained in a Stack Overflow post.

also there are img to favicon converters online. Just make sure the image your converting is already around the right size. That or you can use Photoshop/Gimp. Gimp has built in .ico output, but last I knew Photoshop doesn't. There was a plugin for it, but one of the newer versions of Photoshop didn't have the plugin built for it... You'll have to research a bit.
0 Soyuj Basnet · October 20, 2014
No, I think It resizes the image and makes it fit in the smaill box there on the title bar. 
0 HyJax LTD · October 19, 2014
Are there restrictions on this?

I cant get it to work but I might need a specific sized image?
0 HyJax LTD · October 19, 2014
THIS GOES IN THE TEMPLATES FOLDER I AM COLLECTIONG FROM BUCKY'S AWESOME INSTRUCTIONALS!!!

No, I did not forget my caps lock was on.  This is sweet. Thanks!

Kudos +10 if I could.
+1 Jeremy Benson · October 19, 2014
Awesome. This is simple, but I never knew it :)

HTML / CSS / Web Design

106,953 followers
About

Discuss, share, ask, learn and teach HTML5 and CSS3.

Links
Moderators