Where to start, What to learn, Creating a Program

0 Alex Rodgers · September 19, 2014
     Hey everybody, so I had an idea to make a simple program, and I just want it to get the time, and add about an hour or so, then lock out my computer or internet for the hour. I understand that there are many programs out there like it but I just wanted to see if I could create one as simple as that. I don't have much programming expirience, but I have used html, Javascript, and a little bit of C. My goals are:

1.  Find out the best programming language/s to suit my needs
2.  Be able to create the program listed above
3. Be able to install it into other computers
4. Know what I'm doing

Thanks for all your answers and or help, I wasn't sure where to post it so I posted it in General.

Post a Reply

Replies

Oldest  Newest  Rating
0 Alex Rodgers · September 24, 2014
Thank you so much man, I really appreciate you taking this time to respond your message will help me greatly!
0 Ibrahim Tuzlak · September 20, 2014

1. Find out the best programming language/s to suit my needs

2. Be able to create the program listed above

If you are familiar with C already, you may use it. Once compiled, the binary should run on another machine (if it's the same OS, ofc.).
Another good choice would be Python, as it could be done easier.
Both of them, I believe, support calling some system command, e.g. calling some MS Windows stuff for locking.

3.Be able to install it into other computers

If you really want to package it inside a setup.exe file where the instalation is the regular "Next, next, install", you may use a tool named "Inno Setup" which serves the purpose.

Other Programming Languages

107,214 followers
About

I think it is pretty obvious what this section is for.

Links
Moderators
Bucky Roberts Administrator