SQL database

+1 Alasdair Olway · September 13, 2014
Hi all,

Can anyone guide me through the downloads on the MySQL community downloads page. Im not sure what I need, and I can't find anything on the website to help.

To make things easier here's the link: http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/ :)

Post a Reply

Oldest  Newest  Rating
0 Ibrahim Tuzlak · September 15, 2014
Alongside that, you may also want "MySQL Workbench" aswell,  which I strongly recommend you to install  (listed in the page you put the URL of).
Makes queries/organization etc. much easier.
+1 Eugene Botma · September 15, 2014
Then you can just download the community server.

so, simply go to the page you linked, right below "MySQL Community Server", click on download.

This will take you to the download page. scroll down untill you see the dropdown box labeled "Select Platform:". Select the operating system you are using (probably windows).

Then below the picture, there is a list of architectures. If you have a 32 bit computer, click on the download button next to "Windows (x86, 32-bit), MSI Installer"

otherwise, click on the download button next to "Windows (x86, 64-bit), MSI Installer"

On the next page. close to the bottom of the page, click on "No thanks, just start my download."

Was that really that hard?
0 Alasdair Olway · September 14, 2014
Just making a dtatbase for sotring items of data. Then my VB program can access the database and display the information on the screen. But also it eneds to be editted via the program itself. For example, when new client data is being added.

It's for a project I have to do for my A2 level computing coursework

+1 Eugene Botma · September 13, 2014
What to you plan to use it for?

SQL & Databases

Everything SQL and Databases related in here!

Bucky Roberts Administrator