Eclipse instead of Notepad++! why not?

+2 capt python · September 12, 2014
Hi Guys,

I am new to HTML, CSS & JS so I though of using eclipse instead NP++ so  that i don't need to remember all related methods etc belong to that object..

but not sure why eclipse not give auto suggestion .

Can any one help. 

Post a Reply

Oldest  Newest  Rating
+1 Predrag Kostic · September 12, 2014
I prefer Brackets for HTML, CSS & JavaScript, the extensions are really easy to install, themes as well & it is really a program made for the job.

I prefer Notepad++ for Java or some other more advanced language.

Eclipse isn't that bad for Java but I had some problems with it in the past like losing a whole project due to the program crashing, I find the projects management in Eclipse to be unnecessarily complex but I guess that was intended.

In the end it's all just a matter of choice!
+1 Predrag Kostic · September 12, 2014
@Adam, I feel you, nohomo
0 Brandon Elliott · September 12, 2014
It should be.

It pops up when you hit the dot ------> .

for example if you type JFrame. (it should give you suggestions like DefaultCloseOperation etc)

Edit: I saw Eclipse and thought you were talking about Java. They have a version for JavaScript
0 Adam Karrer · September 12, 2014
I really like all of the JetBrains IDEs: PyCharm for Python, IntelliJ IDEA for Java, etc. The new version of Eclipse gave me so many issues that I switched over.

As far as NP++, I mostly use that for things like configuration files (like http.conf for Apache).

Whatever you use though, make sure you toss a cool dark theme on there. It makes you better at coding. :D

HTML / CSS / Web Design

Discuss, share, ask, learn and teach HTML5 and CSS3.