C# Basics

+2 Leo Kuku · September 1, 2014
Hi everyone. could anyone please show me a resource I could use to understand C# .......Here is the problem. I don't even know what its called. I mean those pointers that show up when you open parenthesis to add arguments to a method! The ones that say ; put the type here, identifier here: <T>...Yea, if you kind of understand please help me out. i am really struggling at the moment. Thanks in advance

Post a Reply

Replies

Oldest  Newest  Rating
+2 Eugene Botma · September 1, 2014
It seems to me you're asking more for basics on visual studio than c#.

What you are describing is Visual studios intellisense. It's native to the IDE, NOT the language (in this case c#). It is an amazing resource to programmers and really makes it much easier and faster to work if you know how to use it.

It also seems that you are very new to programming in general, so I suggest starting in another IDE (even notepad with a command line compiler) until you get the hang of programming, and then move over to visual studio. VS can be very intimidating for a new programmer and it also makes programmers lazy(lazier), which is not a good thing for a new programmer.

A great resource for learning c# on a beginner level is a book called be sharp with c# by Pieter Blignaut. It covers C# basics as well as Visual studio basics for first time programmers, but goes all the way up to basic class design.
+1 Nikola Novakovic · September 1, 2014
Ohhh Eugene is right, you don't want to mess with VS if you are new to this stuff :) I know you probably want the high-end stuff right away, but be patient , mastery comes with consistent hard work for a long amount of time! 
0 Leo Kuku · November 26, 2014
Thanks Eugene. I get your point Nikola. I will check the book. Am doing self study so its not really easy. 
0 Chris Olson · December 14, 2014
Nullable<T> is one but that is incredibly advanced so def not for beginners
-1 Leo Kuku · November 26, 2014
Couldn't find "Be Sharp with C#" on Amazon! Still searching though. Do you know where I can find it? Thanks 

C#

107,083 followers
About

C# is an object-oriented language designed for improving the development of web applications.

Links
Moderators