First programming language you learned

+9 Yannis Sp · August 31, 2014
Which was your first programming language you learned and when was your first time you got involve with a computer?

Post a Reply

Replies

- page 2
Oldest  Newest  Rating
0 Jesse Cox · December 11, 2014
Old school BASIC
0 Jragon Chan · December 5, 2014
I originally started developing in PHP. Soon after I moved on to C++, then to Ruby and now I'm fiddling with Java. 
0 Jason Amador · December 3, 2014
 First computer was an Apple IIe.  I'm old.  BASIC on DOS was my first programming experience.  Mostly I just dreamed about what I could do if I knew what I was doing and made stupid "What's your name?" crap.  I was 9.

High School, circa 1997, I started learning C++.  Did that all through the rest of high school, they offered independent study, so I tried to make games.  Got most of the engine for a "stickfighter" game done.  So C++ is my first real programming language, and I love it.
0 Nikola Novakovic · December 3, 2014
PASCAL :)

Wow wasn't that an awesome trip. Pretty much it was the love on the first sight :) 
0 DG Wright · December 3, 2014
Started kind of late, with Borland Pascal. I was 17, it was 1995, and BP7 for DOS was already over the hill, but that didn't stop me from falling in love with it and coding the crap out of it for YEARS afterwards.
0 jan burg · November 9, 2014
Damn I started pretty late, C++ at 15.
0 Ahmed AbdElMoteleb · November 5, 2014
Basic back at high school but I wasn't aware of programming concept back then. then, I became student of Computer Engineering and started learning C and that gave me the boost to start on my own way and learn other languages :)
and my first encounter with a pc was way back when I was around 8-9 years-old and all I could do is mess around with paint XD but then I got my pc couple of years back and started my journey.

Thank you for reminding me :D
0 Calvin Sienatra · October 24, 2014
Started with BASIC when I was at the fifth grade, then I suddenly changed into a web developer for some reason. I also did some java coding for a while, did the basics but I'm more into websites.
0 M .A.K · October 9, 2014
My first program was for AVR(microcontroller) using C,C++ to blink a LED five years ago.
0 muo mexy · October 9, 2014
started with C++ but dumped  her after 2 weeks due to some misunderstandings, moved on to php, been with her(php) and few other concubines for 4 years now 

Other Programming Languages

107,166 followers
About

I think it is pretty obvious what this section is for.

Links
Moderators
Bucky Roberts Administrator