First programming language you learned

+9 Yannis Sp · August 31, 2014
Which was your first programming language you learned and when was your first time you got involve with a computer?

Post a Reply

- page 1
Oldest  Newest  Rating
+4 pd0sh  · August 31, 2014
c++, maybe 4-5 yo I guess. Man! paint was so exciting tool back then.
+3 Adam Karrer · September 8, 2014

I was about 11-12 years old. I had been making websites for a year or two and was curious if there was a way to control the whole computer, not just a website. I stumbled across a tutorial on BASIC and made some very simple programs with it. All downhill from there. :)
+2 Jake Scaife · August 31, 2014
I guess that I started with c++ and kind of made a mess of it, OOP didnt really click for me untill further down the line.

So I started over with python and really enjoyed it, as well as picking up a lot of new programming skills and allowed me to understand a lot of programming skills especially when it comes to OOP.

From there I moved onto VB and touched slightly on c#

Then made the transition into Java, mainly because it seemed like a fun thing to do at the time. Certainly a fantastic language and I always enjoy implementing it.

Many books, weeks/months/years of coding and video tutorials later,  I revisited C++ and have recently started making more front end programs in QT. Certainly has gone better than when I first started with C++. Starting in the deep end with OOP probably wasn’t the best for me - although it really gave me a good view on how not to do things, which still benefits me when I write code.

Along the way I picked up skills in numerous languages, JS/Lua/Ruby and some others, however I feel the ones above were more influential to me. I know that HTML/CSS are not programming languages however they also had a major influence in inspiring me to start my journey in the code world.

Just my 2 cents
+1 Kaveh Greenwood · August 31, 2014
Visual Basic in the 4th grade. I used to make 'progs'. I was a little annoyance on AOL, especially in AOL chat rooms. I would lag them to the point of kicking others out. Would mass send emails, up to 5000 in one sitting. Idk why I did, just because I could I guess. My mother's AOL account was suspended twice, then banned.
+1 Yannis Sp · August 31, 2014
I begun with V.B too when i was 11-12 years old.I was lucky because i didn't know if i liked programming or computers at all but my mom took me in a computers class and i had the best teacher ever until today.He made me like programming by saying: Do you want to create a game?And i said: Ofc i want to make a game!And since then i was messing around with programming a lot. :) 
+1 Kaveh Greenwood · August 31, 2014
I went from VB to web development. In the 6th grade I started making Anime/Dragonball Z websites on hosting websites like Angelfire and Geocities. I've been doing web development ever since.

I took C++ and VB classes in high school, but after high school I didn't stick with it because I partied a lot. After my party phase, I got back into web development because a lot more of that knowledge was retained than the C++ knowledge I learned.
+1 Daniel Collier · August 31, 2014
java for me, then i moved on to C++ and i started in high school(english high school so college in america) i was around 15 years old. i am now 19 
+1 Abdullah Nauman · September 12, 2014
Learned C++ at 11
0 Brandon Li · March 5, 2015
Java then I gave up. After a year I went back to java and when I finished those tutorials, I did C++. I was 10! :)
0 Mr. Computer · June 20, 2015
Javascript then Python 

Other Programming Languages

I think it is pretty obvious what this section is for.

Bucky Roberts Administrator