Help..background image

+1 Cooper Cecil · August 29, 2014
    <title>Castle, inc </title>
    <style type="text/css">
            background-image:url(Castle logo cropped.pdf);
        background-repeat:no repeat;}

Ok, so I am trying this in Komodo. Its not showing up as a background. At first, I used the image as just an image and it went fine, then I decided I wanted it as a background so I can print text over the top. It is written just like Bucky said...I think. Komodo is saying the colons are not right or something and I get no image. Any help?? Something about a parsing value for background. IDK

Post a Reply

- page 1
Oldest  Newest  Rating
0 Cooper Cecil · September 2, 2014
Just to documents.
0 William Maguire · September 2, 2014
You need to wrap the filename in quotes,
background-image:url("Castle logo cropped.pdf");
+1 Kaveh Greenwood · August 30, 2014
I am unsure why as well. I'm going to guess you're opening it in iPhoto on a Mac. I'm only guessing because I've never owned or used a Mac. :pinch:

I recommend using a program like GIMP, which is a free alternative to Photoshop, and opening and saving as new file type from there.

Or try this:
:)I've never used it, just Googled.
0 Cooper Cecil · August 30, 2014
Just saving it to my document files. I'm not sure what program you are referring to. Sorry.
+1 Kaveh Greenwood · August 30, 2014
What program are you saving the image in?
I'm using a mac. I selected the image, then hit "save as" then selected jpg. It has a jpg extension now. I still have the PFD too. I swapped them out of the index file, so the jpg is in the web file.
+2 Kaveh Greenwood · August 30, 2014
How did you change the file extension? 

Also, though Isaiah's method is valid, it is not common practice anymore to use styles within the HTML tag. CSS styles are typically separate from the HTML.
Isaiah, your way worked! Yeay! I don't remember doing it that way in the tutorial...what gives Bucky?? Lol
Update. Although I am able to load jpeg images to the background, I changed the PDF file to Jpeg and it still will not load. I even changed the size and that didn't help either. I wonder if it has some copyright on it or something. But, it worked as a plan old image. IDK
+1 Courtney May · August 29, 2014
No problem  :)

HTML / CSS / Web Design

Discuss, share, ask, learn and teach HTML5 and CSS3.