bug

+2 Saurabh patel · August 26, 2014
what is bug?
Is it error in coding or loose coding ..

Post a Reply

Replies

Oldest  Newest  Rating
+2 Saurabh patel · August 30, 2014
thank you for reply  :)
+2 Saurabh patel · August 30, 2014
satisfied true answer.
+1 Eugene Botma · August 30, 2014

An Error is occurred when your code logic doesn't work, but on the other hand BUG is causedwhen code is worked but i give wrong output .it means it doesn't work as you wish

Not completely true.

In coding there are 3 basic types of errors: Syntax, run time and logic errors.

A bug is just an unexpected error in the program that was detected at a later stage (so run time or logic errors. Syntax errors are shown when the program is compiled.), usually post-production, aka after the product has been released.

With regards to Gary's post, to those of you that don't know. The term "bug" as used in computer science today was coined back when computers still used pressurized tubes and valves for processing. After a program wouldn't work after the programmers ensured that nothing was wrong with the program itself, they found a moth stuck in one of the valves, locking it in the open position. Thus creating the wrong output unexpectedly.
0 JOhaL jaTT · August 26, 2014
An Error is  occurred when your code logic doesn't work, but on the other hand BUG is caused  when code is worked but i give wrong output .it means it doesn't work as you wish.

0 Gary Murphy · August 30, 2014
Here is the first computer bug ever found:

http://blogs.msdn.com/blogfiles/crm/WindowsLiveWriter/KnownOutlookClientIssues_C16D/FirstBug_thumb.jpg
lol

Bug Reports

106,988 followers
About

Found a bug on the site? Report it here. For all security related bugs, please send me a private message.

Links
Moderators
Bucky Roberts Administrator