Help me build a "Make Your Own Portfolio" Website

+8 Nikola Novakovic · August 15, 2014
Hey there! :) 

Ok so the initial post was change and the idea behind this. I talked to @Eugene and he suggested somthing that I think it has great potential. It will be a website where people can make their own portfolio. So basically Sam that loves ham, and is a designer , goes to our website, makes a profile, clicks a few buttons, and there he has an awesome portfolio which he can share to everyone. Isn't that awesome ? 

This is awesome because I would like to get out of my comfort zone, I try to do that as much as possible, and learn something that I am not so good at.For example to build a back-end in Ruby On Rails. I would LOVE to see that and how it is glued into a nice looking website. Pure basics of Ruby are familiar and oop Ruby, but to have someone actually go and do the entire websites back-end in Ruby , with me learning and contributing to that code, would be pretty cool.It does not have to be Ruby, it can be ASP.NET or whatever :) Nobody should be afraid of not knowing something :)

Any thoughts ? Someone wants to join ?;)

Post a Reply

Replies

- page 4
Oldest  Newest  Rating
0 Nikola Novakovic · August 17, 2014
Awesome!

Well Angular.js is the way to go for front-end. I used it for two or three projects and its pretty cool :) Tough those project had php backend but it is not a problem.

I am not really good with ASP.NET too, so I will need some serious mentors like Wheately or Eugene or anyone who is willing help out really, but I am going to have a serous contribution in Front-End development ( angular, html, css, bootstrap ), which is also my job on my work. ( Unless its a php back-end that is when I work on everything, and that is why I want to expand my toolbox to asp.net and ruby in the future ) 
+1 Bob Maylie · August 17, 2014
Signed up for the forum

@wheately  thanks Wheatley, me and you are gonna become asp buddies.
+2 Predrag Kostic · August 17, 2014
I registered as well so I could follow up, if you need any .. pixel art .. I'm there.
+1 Bob Maylie · August 17, 2014
Awesome predrag! Do you excel in any area? Logos? Painting? Photo edit? Abstract stuff?

Don't be afraid to learn something new. Everyone is here to help and share knowledge.
+2 Predrag Kostic · August 17, 2014
You can check my gallery if you want http://geneen-bones.deviantart.com/gallery/

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/170/f/2/horror_teddy_by_geneen_bones-d7n2qr2.pnghttp://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/117/b/b/panda_head_by_geneen_bones-d7g80dv.pnghttp://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/304/6/8/skeletron_hd_by_kishoukachibones-d6sj18w.png
0 Bob Maylie · August 18, 2014
@eugene awesome job with the forum Topics
Negitive, Nikola is going to set something up soon by the sounds of it.  I think that will really set the ball rolling. I've been brainstorming some ideas and i would like to see what the community thinks of them.
And back to a previous post Wheatley has made. 1.16 per person a month. 13.92 a year (9 contributors) Then web hosting at 1.99/month works out to 22cents a month and 2.65/year.

Total per person 1.38 per month
Total person per year 16.47 per year total

web hosting figures were provided by godaddy
 unlimited storage and traffic bandwidth
0 Faiz Ahmed Rana · August 18, 2014
Any PHP developer required? :)
0 Nikola Novakovic · August 18, 2014
Well every time I log in to BuckysRoom a gazzilion notifications pop up ,and all of them about this thread, and I love that ;)
The IRC is a fine solution but if there are a lot of heavy mobile users we might consider stuff like google hangout. 

Right now I think that it would be the best to switch all directly project related talk to the other forum ( hopefully Bucky will not ban me because I am promoting another forum :D ) and leave this thread for people that want to joing and general info. You all agreed ? 

Again a couple of guys mentioned that they are php devs, we are doing the back-end ( 99% sure, some of the guys did not say anything ) in asp.net, but this will be a great way to expand your toolbox and be even more awesome developer in the future. 

General Chat

106,941 followers
About

Chat about anything non-computer related including, music, movies, tuna sandwiches, and more!

Links
Moderators
Bucky Roberts Administrator