Help me build a "Make Your Own Portfolio" Website

+8 Nikola Novakovic · August 15, 2014
Hey there! :) 

Ok so the initial post was change and the idea behind this. I talked to @Eugene and he suggested somthing that I think it has great potential. It will be a website where people can make their own portfolio. So basically Sam that loves ham, and is a designer , goes to our website, makes a profile, clicks a few buttons, and there he has an awesome portfolio which he can share to everyone. Isn't that awesome ? 

This is awesome because I would like to get out of my comfort zone, I try to do that as much as possible, and learn something that I am not so good at.For example to build a back-end in Ruby On Rails. I would LOVE to see that and how it is glued into a nice looking website. Pure basics of Ruby are familiar and oop Ruby, but to have someone actually go and do the entire websites back-end in Ruby , with me learning and contributing to that code, would be pretty cool.It does not have to be Ruby, it can be ASP.NET or whatever :) Nobody should be afraid of not knowing something :)

Any thoughts ? Someone wants to join ?;)

Post a Reply

- page 5
Oldest  Newest  Rating
0 Bob Maylie · August 18, 2014

Do you think it would be a good idea to keep BR in the loop with our progress? I would like to see future new BR members have the opportunity to have a chance to join the team. 
0 JOhaL jaTT · August 18, 2014
so have you make any decision for where and when we going start.
0 JOhaL jaTT · August 18, 2014
Sing-up Successfully...............
0 Nikola Novakovic · August 18, 2014
Great! :) 
-2 Eugene Botma · August 17, 2014
Gee this thread got big fast.

@Predrag Kostic this is a good opportunity to better your skills then. If you feel you're not good enough to contribute to the code yet, keep involved in the discussions etc and work through the others's code as the project goes along. It's a good way to develop your skills.

As for the forum, in my boredom last night I already set up the forum, was just waiting for confirmation that we are in fact going to use it. you can check it out at . I set it up so that only registered users can see the discussion boards. I made a few categories and boards that I feel will be necessary. So feel free to register and let me know if you think we need to add something else as well.

I'd like to use as well, it's a tremendous framework (IMO), but I would like to use other frameworks and languages as well. We could possibly do different parts or systems in different languages. But first, lets agree on what features the site will have and get a basic design under the knee.

edit: don't know if "under the knee" translates too well. In Afrikaans "onder die knie" means to be done with something.

General Chat

Chat about anything non-computer related including, music, movies, tuna sandwiches, and more!

Bucky Roberts Administrator