Error while trying to run app

0 Ricardo Gullo · October 11, 2016
Cannot launch AVD in emulator.
Output:
Hax is enabled
Warning: requested ram_size 1536M too big, reduced to 512M
Hax ram_size 0x20000000
HAX is working and emulator runs in fast virt mode.
qemu-system-i386.exe: -drive if=none,index=0,id=system,file=C:\Users\tehxy\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk/system-images\android-24\google_apis\x86\/system.img: could not open disk image C:\Users\tehxy\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk/system-images\android-24\google_apis\x86\/system.img: Could not open 'C:\Users\tehxy\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk/system-images\android-24\google_apis\x86\/system.img': Invalid argument

Post a Reply

Replies

Oldest  Newest  Rating
0 Gary Whitney · October 12, 2016
Try cloning one of the provided emulators with x86 image.
I looks like the AVD you are using is trying to use a System image that you don't have.
Or try modifying the system image to something else.
0 Ricardo Gullo · October 14, 2016
Any help will be greatly appreciated
0 Ricardo Gullo · October 14, 2016
I have changed the system image to an x86 one and I get a different error now. 

Installation failed with message null.
It is possible that this issue is resolved by uninstalling an existing version of the apk if it is present, and then re-installing.

WARNING: Uninstalling will remove the application data!

Do you want to uninstall the existing application?
0 Gary Whitney · October 15, 2016
At this point  in your learning you probably don't have any data to worry about.
Personally I would delete the entire AVD if it is a clone and and clone a new one with the x86 image.

I have not found a definitive document defining the link between the Image used and the Host CPU.
The system image choice seems like it is referring to the CPU of the phone but I suspect it is referring to the HOST CPU since that is what is really creating the AVD.

Java / Android Development

131,207 followers
About

Very popular language used to create desktop applications, website applets, and Android apps.

Links
Moderators
Bucky Roberts Administrator