Cannot Enable VT-x in my windows 7 machine

0 Hari Krishna · October 10, 2016
I can't find any option to enable in BIOS, I checked with IT-support & found it is disabled on my HP elitebook machine as part of security policy of my company. Now how do I enable VT-x and start working. Please help

/images/forum/upload/2016-10-06/c67331787ca439743f38ebf43f00f9e6.JPG

Post a Reply

Replies

Oldest  Newest  Rating
0 Gary Whitney · October 10, 2016
If your company has disabled it then they probably installed a password on the Bios startup too.
When you power on the computer the first splash screen i.e. Hp will have a Function key to press to enter the BIOS.
If you press it and are presented with a prompt for the password, you can't go any further.

Sorry but it is not your computer. It belongs to the Company.
You can ask IT to make an exception to the policy and turn it on.
My guess is developing Android apps is not part of your job description and the answer will be NO.
P.S.
I assumed the IT you referred to was your companies IT department.
0 Nicholas Eason · October 11, 2016
A lot of the PC manufacturers (HP, Dell, etc.) limit what users can change in the BIOS. They do this so users can't change any settings that could permanently damage their PC. As far as I'm aware, there is no way around this. This is really a talk between you, HP, and the company you work for. Not some random people on the internet.

Java / Android Development

131,111 followers
About

Very popular language used to create desktop applications, website applets, and Android apps.

Links
Moderators
Bucky Roberts Administrator