Where to start

0 James Moore · October 3, 2016
Hey guys, So possible summer position could be a thing for me. But the person said I have to know "If I get you an interview it'll be all ES6 JavaScript react stuff" can anybody break this down for me and point me in the best direction to learn javascript etc. I'm a computer science student and we've never touched anything web related. Just C, Miranda, assembly, C# and Java. Greatly appreciated 

Post a Reply

Replies

Oldest  Newest  Rating
0 pwntastic _ · October 9, 2016
I would order a book on javascript, while it arrives, watch the tutorials here.  

Considering you're familiar with C and the other languages you mentioned learning this should not be difficult.  Once you've familiarized yourself with javascript just go ahead and look into React.  React is not difficult to learn either and makes somethings easier than when writing with pure javascript.  
+1 Luiz Velloso · November 1, 2016
Start with Bucky's XHTML and CSS, after that Javascript to get a better view of how to make the interactive part of web, all your previous knowledge will help a lot on the transition.
+1 Divulger Michealson · November 3, 2016
yes the best way to learn Javasrcipt would have been conquering a lib of it which is jquery

then you can move on to angular, then to react, then to node and then your a bom, i mean what is plain javascript when there is so many libs out there you can even do typescript.

But java script is pretty self explanatory i never been to any university i just do my studies online via tuts and right now am a pro at jquery.

tbh you know Java ur already well on ur way u master the concept of oop so java shouldnt take you very long. 
0 Jay Deshaun · November 4, 2016
Honestly here's an e-book for you to practice and learn JavaScript in:
http://javascript.sheridanc.on.ca
and also you could use this site for help or to learn:
http://www.w3schools.com/js/default.asp

Javascript

131,126 followers
About

A scripting language that is added to standard HTML to create interactive effects, apps, games for the browser.

Links
Moderators