Chat improvement

+1 Nicko Pulido · August 12, 2014
I just noticed that no annoying sounds, or notifications when someone chatted me. Or I should always check the chat menu? Correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks :)

Post a Reply

Oldest  Newest  Rating
+1 Predrag Kostic · August 12, 2014
There appears to be a notification, a small red rectangle on the right in the Chat tab displaying the number of messages (or just number 1, as far as I went).
It seems the messages that are sent from 1 user to the other arrive only if both users involved are currently connected, not sure though.
+1 Pere Garau Burguera · August 14, 2014
The chat needs lot of improvement. 
+1 Source Slayer · August 14, 2014
Seb pointed out that the chat actually sends HTML content and manually adds that in the form of users online. He also pointed out that the chat checks from the last messages in 3 seconds, thus making it far from asynchronous, not good for a chat. Needless to say, this isn't really good for a chat.
Also, why does it list every single user, shouldn't it just be friends? A JSON based-protocol or XMPP chat shouldn't be too much to add. Bucky could easily set up an XMPP server for BuckysRoom, since XMPP supports all the "needed" features, that way you could even use 3rd party clients.

Tell me what you like about the forum and what sucks about it here.

Bucky Roberts Administrator