- - FFMPEG: Basically what powers VLC, the CLI tool can process video at the frame level. It is also pretty smart about remuxing containers without needing to re-encode. *But* the documentation and the switches are a bit terse.
- - Youtube-dl: Python app that lets you download entire playlists automatically from youtube. I'm not 100% sure the quality isn't affected, but so far I've had good experiences.
- - Robocopy: Windows copy tool with many options, I like it, so here it is.
- - Megatools: CLI tools for uploading to my MEGA.nz cloud storage. I suppose other cloud services have similar tools. Used in my periodic backup script.
- - Rtorrent: a terminal torrent client (text interface). Fast and small, runs on cygwin too.