Best Python IDE?

+3 Bucky Roberts · August 8, 2014
What is the best Python IDE in your opinion?

Post a Reply

- page 2
Oldest  Newest  Rating
+8 Bucky Roberts · August 27, 2014
I agree Gary. I tried a few different Python IDE's and PyCharm is hands down my favorite. Super simple to use and has every feature I could ask for.
+2 Gary Murphy · August 27, 2014
I've been using Pycharm for a couple of weeks now and I really like it.  It looks good and has handy features (like being able to change variable names in your code in one hit,  rather than having to go through every line to change them individually).
I also find it to be quite stable too.  Previously, I was using Enthought's Canopy, but it would sometimes have issues when running large files, especially if there was a lot of recursion involved.  Since using Pycharm I haven't had any issues at all.
+1 Doug Fresh · August 26, 2014
I use Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 Desktop edition. It's free and it allows me to make C#, Python, C++ and SQL. Works pretty good, and can easily be packaged for different platforms.
+7 Samuel Oloruntoba · August 9, 2014
jetbrains pycharm
+2 Mathias Frits Rørvik · August 9, 2014
A trusty text editor and the command line. =)
+2 name family · August 9, 2014
Hey Friends and specially my @Bucky 
man , for simple projects , i prefer IDLE 
for more complicated projects ... i'd rather use Eclipse and the Addone for Python named PyDev 
and also 
if it's an important project , even if its complicated , i just use IDLE 'cause it have more debugging features ! 

so for over all IDLE get more scores from me ;) 
+1 Colin James · August 8, 2014
Well, considering python isn't compiled I use anything. I tend to use IDLE at the start but quickly switch to Sublime Text 2 or something to save time. Saying that, I hardly use python since I just hate the syntax.

This section is all about snakes! Just kidding.

Bucky Roberts Administrator