PHP and Java Script

+7 ariel bitan · May 22, 2016
Can someone explain to me what is each one purpose?because I don't know what the difference between them and what should I learn?
Thank you!:)

Post a Reply

Replies

Oldest  Newest  Rating
+7 Hristijan Ilieski · May 22, 2016
PHP is a server side programming language... When you write a php program, it serves all the clients for some website, communicating with database, writing to database etc.. E.g. when you put your username and password for thenewboston in the login fields, you are sending them to the server where php check if they are the same as your registration login details in the database... If they are, it sends back signal to login or not.

Javascript is client side programming language and it works in the browser... Mainly made for making interactive websites, because you can change the html or css code without refreshing the website.

With time, javascript became so popular that is used for server side programming (Node JS). This is not important for you, if you are a beginner.

What should you learn? That depends on what do you want to accomplish, what is your desire, what kind of product do you want to make. To be good enough, you should learn both of them. With php, you are back-end developer, with JS you are front-end developer..

I hope I made this clear for you. :)
+1 ariel bitan · May 22, 2016
thanks!
+1 arianna bates · August 18, 2016
PHP is a server-side scripting language while JavaScript is an OOS (object-oriented scripting) language.
+1 Jacob Selvestar · November 29, 2016
PHP is called Hypertext Preprocessor and is widely used open source scripting language that is best suited for web development and also can be embedded to HTML. Where as JavaScript is an object-oriented programming language commonly used to create interactive effects within web browsers. If you want to know more about such kind of IT services then click here.http://www.gatewaytechnolabs.com/managed-it-services
+1 Vuk Spasojević · January 19, 2017
arianna bates PHP is also OOP since version 5. Learn first PHP then JS if you want to become full stack developer.
+1 James Aidan · April 23, 2017
Hello Ariel Bitan, you can have a look over this tutorial which makes you clear about PHP and Javascript>> http://www.rapidprogramming.com/questions-answers/What-is-the-difference-between-PHP-and-JavaScript--497
+2 Dhruv Singhal · June 10, 2017
php - back end - serversided
javascript - front end - clientsided

first learn javasript to get some good coding experience because if u go ahead and learnt php without experience and make a mistake then it is a security threat to ur website

PHP

120,652 followers
About

Server-side, HTML embedded scripting language used to create dynamic Web pages.

Links
Moderators