New to the game..

+1 Aleksandar Ilic · January 19, 2016
Hello

I've recently started learning web development. I've started with HTML&CSS and went over them. I'm currently learning JavaScript.

When it comes to programming, frontend or backend, I can understand anything, I just need time to learn it.

I was wondering if you could give me some directions as which language should I learn next?

What do I need to learn to become a decent (for starters) web developer?

I was thinking something like:

HTML->CSS->JavaScript->PHP and then later I have no idea what to learn next. Is this the right way? Should I change something? What do you advise me to learn after this? Come on guys, throw some ideas at a newbie here.

Thanks!

Post a Reply

Replies

Oldest  Newest  Rating
0 Zoe Schultz · February 2, 2016
Hi Aleksandar!
Your question is interesting yet quite challenging... Nothing wrong with this sequence

HTML->CSS->JavaScript->PHP

if web development is exactly what you want to do. But if I were you, firstly I'd choose the field of activities I'd like to be involved into...
Because many guys I've known for years, went from PHP and C++ to studying Python because obviously this knowledge would be more beneficial to their CVs and salaries:) Another part of my friends went straight into studying iOS/Android development basics, so it's all up to you!

HTML / CSS / Web Design

107,285 followers
About

Discuss, share, ask, learn and teach HTML5 and CSS3.

Links
Moderators