XAMMP MySQL

+1 Senimili Vadei · August 2, 2014
How do I create a hyperlink in MySQL?  I'm doing my final year project and I have to create a database for the electronic components and equipment's in our school lab.  I want to create a hyperlink so that user can click on it and will be directed to the datasheets of the components.

Post a Reply

Replies

Oldest  Newest  Rating
+1 Nikola Novakovic · August 3, 2014
The question is really not clear nor , at least I think, your understandings of databases. 
You say you want to " link " to your database. You can not literally link to a databases and make it show up.

You need some sort of back-end language to connect to the database and then display those results THROUGH that language. You can use ruby, php, python, asp.net , server-side js etc. 

Please make your question more clear and let us know in which language is your back-end actually built and we will find  away to help you out. 
0 Senimili Vadei · August 3, 2014
Thank you for replying to my post.  I have very little knowledge in databases and i'm very new to sql.  I'm using the tool phpMyAdmin and I'm using MySQL with sql queries to create table.  As of now I have not connected to a server, I am waiting on my project coordinator to help me out with that.  I just want to know how to go about writing an sql query that will create a hyperlink in my database.

I hope that my reply is a bit clearer then my first post but if it's still not clear can you please ask me more questions so I can give you more information about my project.  I really need help.

Thank you
0 JOhaL jaTT · August 3, 2014
do you want to fetch your database record and display in page and you want to dynamic hyper link of record just if someone click on link it shows the result. am i right? are you using XAMPP?
0 Senimili Vadei · August 4, 2014
Yes I'm using XAMMP and I'm very new to it.  What I want to do is to create a database for the electronic components in my school lab.  In my table I have only 3 columns.  One is for id, column two is for the component name and the third column is for the datasheet of the components.  My project coordinator told me to try and create a hyper link in my table so that when users click on that link the datasheet of that particular component appears.

Can I do that? 
0 Nikola Novakovic · August 4, 2014
What exactly do you mean by datasheet ? 

You can NOT directly create a hyperlink to a SQL database. You can only fetch the table content with some back-end language and display it in a form of table THROUGH that back-end language. 
0 JOhaL jaTT · August 4, 2014
Yes, i got your problem. all right firstly you want to insert electronic components  data into database and then fetch data from database with hyper link of components. for example if user click on components name then it shows information about that particular component. can you tell us what is datasheet or what do you want in datasheet?   
+1 JOhaL jaTT · August 4, 2014
@Nikola Novakovic  she is a beginner ,may be she doesn't know about  php and all stuff so she is talking like this.
0 Nikola Novakovic · August 4, 2014
I agree, I might have pushed it a bit too far. Sorry about that. 

Explain what is a datasheet and we will to solve the problem together. I highly encourage you to explore a little bit more in depth any backend language you are building your website in. See how it interacts with SQL and that type of stuff. And of course we are here to give help you out :) 

SQL & Databases

107,245 followers
About

Everything SQL and Databases related in here!

Links
Moderators
Bucky Roberts Administrator