android user interface

+2 johnson dubula · January 7, 2016
guys can you help me, my android studio is not displaying the phone where i can drag and drop buttons,so you can see in the picture. how do i make it the phone appear/images/forum/upload/2016-01-06/b60d3b2c19dc943edacd515432172890.png

Post a Reply

Replies

Oldest  Newest  Rating
0 David Frenzel · January 8, 2016
Try to mess around with the theme that is used to display the phone! 
Click on "NoActionBar" (right below the yellow error box) and select something like Material.Light. 
This should hopefully solve your issue!
0 Gary Whitney · January 7, 2016
Johnson,

Error on line 23 column 17 refers to your build gradle. For me that is the dependencies section.

And since your messages indicates "Failed to resolve Junit", I would definitely say you have installation problems.

When you downloaded Android Studio it would have also downloaded and installed the Java jdk.
Which would have set up the Environment variables to be able to find junit.
You do have java installed right? C:\ProgramFiles\Java\

On some Windows systems, the launcher script does not find where
Java is installed. If you encounter this problem, you need to set an environment
variable indicating the correct location.
Choose Start menu?Computer?System Properties?Advanced System
Properties. Then choose Advanced tab?Environment Variables and add
a new system variable, JAVA_HOME , that points to your JDK folder — for
example, C:\ProgramFiles\Java\jdk1.8.0_20 .

You are also having rendering problems. This is normal if your are trying to use a feature like action-bars and you have install the latest API which favors toolbars.
After you correct your junit problems.
Try this:
* Create an Empty Activity.
* Don't change the type of activity i.e. leave AppCompat
* See that little droid icon with 23 next to it. Change it to 21. That is what was used at the time the tutorials were created.

Java / Android Development

107,065 followers
About

Very popular language used to create desktop applications, website applets, and Android apps.

Links
Moderators
Bucky Roberts Administrator