Needs help at the Android App Development for Beginners - 4 - Running a Simple App video step

+1 pradosh jena · January 5, 2016
Hi Bucky, 

I do have question. I followed your tutorial . I tried to run the AVD Manager . I am getting this screen and messages . I am not seeing a android screen like you . I waited a long for the boot up process . 

C:\Users\joshua\AppData\Local\Android\sdk\tools\emulator.exe -netdelay none -netspeed full -avd Nexus_5_API_23_x86 
emulator: device fd:768 
HAXM is not working and emulator runs in emulation mode 
emulator: The memory needed by this AVD exceeds the max specified in your HAXM configuration. 
emulator: AVD RAM size = 1536 MB 
emulator: HAXM max RAM size = 1024 MB 
emulator: You might want to adjust your AVD RAM size and/or HAXM configuration to run in fast virt mode. 
creating window 51 69 385 683 
emulator: emulator window was out of view and was recentered 
emulator: UpdateCheck: current version '24.4.1', last version '24.4.1' 

Please help. I am stuck . I am waiting to see my first apps running./images/forum/upload/2016-01-05/bab3e45c97de4e169c07cfd976eb4c09.png 

Post a Reply

Replies

Oldest  Newest  Rating
0 Gary Whitney · January 5, 2016
This line says it all "HAXM is not working and emulator runs in emulation mode".

There are different AVDs, Those that use x86 and those that don't.

If you have  and Intel processor that supports HAXM then you can use the AVDs that use x86 system images.

Click the device you want to use in AVD manager and click the  edit icon.

the second line down will confirm if the device is using an x86 system image.

If  you don't have and Intel processor you will need to clone the device and modify it so it has a non x86 system image.

If you do have an Intel CPU, then here is my "canned" answer.

1. You need to have an Intel chip set that supports HAXM.

2. You have to turn it on in your BIOS

3. You need to download AND install HAXM in your SDK manager.

I found this link and followed instructions for installing using Studio >  Tools > Android> SDK Manager

https://software.intel.com/en-us/android/articles/installation-instructions-for-intel-hardware-accelerated-execution-manager-windows

Java / Android Development

107,315 followers
About

Very popular language used to create desktop applications, website applets, and Android apps.

Links
Moderators
Bucky Roberts Administrator