Can't Install Intel HAXM

+4 Shibaprasad Bhattacharya · January 4, 2016
/images/forum/upload/2016-01-04/f72499bbbf6c78658f5798cccbe86a3e.jpg

I am currently using the latest version of Android Studio. Following the video lecture of youtube I couldn't install Intel HAXM. In what way I can install it now to run AVD?
Thanks in Advance!

Post a Reply

Replies

- page 1
Oldest  Newest  Rating
0 Vipul Chandel · March 20, 2016
I had the same problem and what some of you can do if you have an AMD processor is look for ARM EABI v7a System image in SDK manager and install it then while configuring an AVD you can choose armeabi-v7a . Hope it helps
0 N Purohit · March 3, 2016
Hi,

I spent couple of hours yesterday night to figure it out and the problem got solved.
I am on Windows 10 and HP Laptop.

Steps:
* Switched off the computer
* Switched on the computer
* While it was trying to start, repeatedly pressed 'Esc' key that opens up system setup screen
* Press F10 key
* Under System menu there is an option to turn ON the Virtualization
* After enabling the Virtualization 'Save and Exit' I think (F5/F6 key)
* Now the system continues to boot (wait for it to start the Windows)
* Now go to the directory
   c:\users\<user>\AppData\Local\Android\sdk\extras\intel\H_A_E_M\
   note <user> is your username in the computer
   H_A_E_M is Hardware_Accelarator_......
* Now the run the application 'intelhaxm.exe' (double clicking on this file name)
* Just keep selecting the defaults and complete the installation.
* Close Android Studio and restart it.
* High possibility the error disappears. It did for me.

Hope this helps.
0 N Purohit · March 3, 2016
Hi,

I spent couple of hours yesterday night to figure it out and the problem got solved.
I am on Windows 10 and HP Laptop.

Steps:
* Switched off the computer
* Switched on the computer
* While it was trying to start, repeatedly pressed 'Esc' key that opens up system setup screen
* Press F10 key
* Under System menu there is an option to turn ON the Virtualization
* After enabling the Virtualization 'Save and Exit' I think (F5/F6 key)
* Now the system continues to boot (wait for it to start the Windows)
* Now go to the directory
   c:\users\<user>\AppData\Local\Android\sdk\extras\intel\H_A_E_M\
   note <user> is your username in the computer
   H_A_E_M is Hardware_Accelarator_......
* Now the run the application 'intelhaxm.exe' (double clicking on this file name)
* Just keep selecting the defaults and complete the installation.
* Close Android Studio and restart it.
* High possibility the error disappears. It did for me.

Hope this helps.
+1 Sandeep Raulo · March 2, 2016
I'm having an AMD processor and when trying to clone Nexus 5 I'm not getting the option for ARMEABI -V7A Can anyone help me for this issue?
0 Adrian Xu · January 13, 2016
Hi Shibaprasad,

Make sure that you've WINDOWS 8 PRO or 10 PRO.
I got the same message as you did due to my Windows being the home edition, where HAXM cannot be installed due to VT being disabled.

I got around it by setting up a direct device via ADB, much better choice anyhow as my laptop would probably perform poorly if it had to emulate.

Hope it helps

Adrian
0 Dilraj Singh · January 10, 2016
Hi,

I am getting issues while installing the exe file present under C:\Android\sdk\extras\intel.

Below is the error:

/images/forum/upload/2016-01-10/cf5e4bcc2d952f743c65adc165c7324e.PNG

I have installed Virtual Box on top a physical Laptop (i5 processor, 4 GB RAM, and Virtualization supported and enabled on my physical laptop). I am using Speccy tool to check this.

First I installed the speccy S/W on my physical  machine and it showed as Virtualization: Supported and Enabled. Then I ran the same program on my virtual Box and it there it showed as Virtualization: Not supported. In my understanding the Processor or other Setting should directly match with the virtual machine while creating one. So, according to me if virtualization is supported in my physical device then it should be supported in virtual as well, Though, I have enabled VT-x in by Virtual Box.

/images/forum/upload/2016-01-10/25836817fd37fb07337190c6d01f6eda.PNG

I don't have any option such as Hyper-V under "Turn Windows Program On-Off". So, that thing is out of the picture.

My both Virtual and Physical Machine are running Windows 7 OS.

Please help in installing that exe file.

Thanks!
DILRAJ
0 Nasir Yayu · January 9, 2016
Hello, I need your help...
I have installed Android Studio Bundle 141.22 om my system HP635 with this specifications:
Processor: AMD E-450 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 1.65GHz
RAM: 8.00GB. 64-bit O.S, x64-based processor.
But, when ever I lunch the app. it lunch with some errors,

1, Error:(23, 17) Failed to resolve: junit:junit:4.12.

2.  Cannot launch AVD in emulator.
Output:
emulator: ERROR: x86 emulation currently requires hardware acceleration!
Please ensure Intel HAXM is properly installed and usable.
CPU acceleration status: HAX kernel module is not installed!

And Android manager shows HAXM is installed and Intel Visualization manager is already enable in Bios setup, and I try Installing  Hardware_Accelerated_Execution_Manager manually and it fails, the error message is : "This computer does not support Intel Virtualization Technology (VT-x). HAXM cannot be installed"
And I also unchecked Hyper-V option on Windows Features and system restart but noting change and the Android Studio lunched with the same ERRORS.
Please help.
0 Christopher Li · January 7, 2016
you must enable Intel Virtualization Technology in your bios
0 Bakari Morris · January 7, 2016
Thanks for the link darren, after following the video I finally got my AVD running. (I have a i7 intel processor and not an AMD)
0 Montana Braswell · January 6, 2016
Hi Shibaprasad,

I had the same thing, I sadly forgot the Youtube video that helped me to give him credit, but when you go to your AVD manager, hit create new virtual device. After that choose any Nexus phone you'd like. Then when you get to System Image and it goes over which Release name you'd like,  make sure which ever you pick on the ABI side has the "armeabi-v7a" It works better with people who have an AMD graphics card like me. When you finish selecting, you can name your phone something like TEST  so you can remember which phone will actually load.

Hope this helps!  :3 

-Montana

Java / Android Development

107,325 followers
About

Very popular language used to create desktop applications, website applets, and Android apps.

Links
Moderators
Bucky Roberts Administrator