android SDK manager

+2 adithya jayan · December 26, 2015
In the second video posted by thenewboston Android App Development for Beginners - 2 - Installing Android Studio after installing android studio the video tells that before clicking on new project you should click on SDK manager and install the 9 packages. However when i clicked on SDK manager it shows no button for the installation of 9 packages. How should i continue?(Installed android studio today-25/12/2015)

video:

Post a Reply

Replies

Oldest  Newest  Rating
0 pankaj gupta · December 28, 2015
actually it has been updated again.
0 Gary Whitney · December 26, 2015
A new installation may not require additional installs. It just depends on the download.
A.S. will inform you when updates are available. Sometimes I don't install them right away if everything is stable.
Since your just beginning, I would suggest focus on learning the turorials.  (Because configuring the SDK, manifest, and build.gradle is a another can of worms.)

If I may suggest ...
Follow this:
* Create an Empty Activity.
* Don't change the type of activity i.e. leave AppCompat
* See that little droid icon with 23 next to it. Change it to 21. That is what was used at the time the tutorials were created.
0 adithya jayan · December 28, 2015
Just found how to install the 9 packages :).(just had to click on standalone SDK manager on A.S 1.5.1)
Now i have the following problem. when changing from default theme to light i get the following error./images/forum/upload/2015-12-26/08ccd63f97f7c05ba3cf6a9a37cc8827.PNG 
P.S-Cant seem to change droid icon with 23 to 21. Seems only API 23: Android 6.0 is the only option
 I am able to select.(tried unselecting automatically pick the best but that didnt elp either)
0 David Kupferman · December 28, 2015
I just installed Android Studio today (12/26/15) I'm guessing the Android Studio has been updated since Bucky did the tutorial.

Here's how to install the 9 updates:
1. Start Android Studio (I "Run as Administrator)
2. From the "Welcome to Android Studio" screen, click "CONFIGURE"
3. Click"SDK MANAGER" at top.
4.. Toward the bottom of the "DEFAULT SETTINGS" window you will see a blue link "LAUNCH STANDALONE SDK MANAGER". Click it.
5. At the bottom right of the next screen you should see a button "INSTALL 9 PACKAGES". They will already be selected. Click the button to download and install the 9 packages.

Hope this works. 
0 Manas Ranjan · December 28, 2015
Hi Bucky..I got a error while running the AVD device.It throwing the following error on console.

emulator: ERROR: x86 emulation currently requires hardware acceleration!
Please ensure Intel HAXM is properly installed and usable.
CPU acceleration status: HAX kernel module is not installed!

But I have already installed the Intel HAXM from sdk manager.

Can you please suggest me how to get rid of this error.

As I am not able to run my virtual phone.
0 narasimha reddy · December 28, 2015
after installing android studio .its showing an error as "please specify a android sdk location".can someone plz help
0 Mohammad Slim · December 29, 2015

Hi Bucky..I got a error while running the AVD device.It throwing the following error on console.

emulator: ERROR: x86 emulation currently requires hardware acceleration!
Please ensure Intel HAXM is properly installed and usable.
CPU acceleration status: HAX kernel module is not installed!

But I have already installed theIntel HAXM from sdk manager.

Can you please suggest me how to get rid of this error.

As I am not able to run my virtual phone.

You will need to go to your bios on start up (Usually F10) and turn on the intel Visualization, it's usually disabled, reinstall the intelhax-android.exe usually found in (Computer>Local C> User>User>AppData>Local>Android>SDK>Extras>intel>Hardware_Accelerated_Execution_manager)
I had the same problem, after doing so, it worked fine for me. Hope it works for you too. 

after installing android studio .its showing an error as "please specify a android sdk location".can someone plz help

Go to the SDK Manager (Tools>Android>SDK Manager)  and download SDK platforms, no need to download all of them, for me i downloaded just the recent ones. 

Java / Android Development

107,175 followers
About

Very popular language used to create desktop applications, website applets, and Android apps.

Links
Moderators
Bucky Roberts Administrator