Problem with android studio

+3 Atif shah · December 9, 2015
After installing android studio when i try to start it i get the following error..the environment variable java_home doesn't provide to a valid jvm installation...

Post a Reply

Oldest  Newest  Rating
0 Gary Whitney · December 10, 2015
Do you know how to make or change environment variables?
Before running the Android Studio we need to set up an environment
variable to point to our JDK. From your control panel's System Properties
window, select the Advanced tab and then the Environment Variables...
button. Add a new user variable called JAVA_HOME and paste it in the path to
your JDK,
0 Khumoetsile Molabi · December 11, 2015
Go to Control Panel, Program Features and then Turn on or off WIndows features then Environment variables, Add new user variable with name JAVA_HOME and paste in the path of the jdk (C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_79) obviously the path won't be the same....
0 Nilendu Kumar · December 15, 2015
i am not able to run android studio getting below error:
"The environment variable JAVA_HOME(with the value c:\jdk) does not point to valid JVM installation"

but i have installed java & JRE in same (c:\jdk) directory....please let me know how to fix this?
0 Gary Whitney · December 17, 2015
Java installs to C:\Program Files\Java by default.
Look there. If that is where your Java jdk1.8.0_66 (or whatever version you have installed) is then that is where your environment variable should point.

I don't have this environment variable on this PC. Probably because my Path environment variable contains a reference to it.
My other PC does use the JAVA_HOME and I created it following the steps in my 12/10/15 answer to Atif.

Java / Android Development

Very popular language used to create desktop applications, website applets, and Android apps.

Bucky Roberts Administrator