Php Internet Radio

+1 Damilola Kolawole · December 9, 2015
Need help room. Want to start an internet radio live broadcast. Which hosting can serve me unlimited bandwidth? Will be happy for your reply.

Post a Reply

Replies

Oldest  Newest  Rating
0 Michael Bianchi · December 31, 2015
There is no company that will ever offer you "unlimited bandwidth" without a hefty cost. "Unlimited" always has limits with hosting companies and since you want to stream sound data, that's going to get expensive for you fast. Of course, if you have the budget for it, that is fine, but why waste money when you're just starting up?

I presume you're going to be selling products and advertisements on it, maybe stream it through an app for phones and such.

Your most cost-effective method will be to set up your own hosting on your own server, and then run a script or two to delete the data every time interval whenever you no-longer need it.

For instance, you may want to delete the data every week because no-one will want to listen to radio broadcasts from a week ago. And if they do, they can just find the song on YouTube or your site.

So basically, you're asking an extremely broad question. You may PM me if you need more decision assistance, but I believe you can get away with either a dedicated server or your own server. Hostgator will provide you with the tools you need and they are helpful for scaling if you don't know what you are doing technically.

-Michael
President of Epic Global Web @ www.epicglobalweb.com

PHP

107,250 followers
About

Server-side, HTML embedded scripting language used to create dynamic Web pages.

Links
Moderators