hi , i Installed android studio and im learning with Bucky tutorial when i try to change the them to Meterial Light i get this notce "missing styles. is the correct theme chosen for this layout".... what its mean? hou can i fix it?
rendering problems - missing styles. is the correct theme chosen for this layout
Post a Reply
|Oldest Newest Rating|
· December 8, 2015
Maybe this will help.
This is what I believe is going on.
1. Each new version of Android provides a new API level and new features.
2. If you are following someones code and they are using something like extends ActionBarActivity or just extends Activity, that was fine for the SDK API the were using at the time they wrote it.
3. When you start a new blank activity (or in version24 an empty activity), AND the min API you want to support is less than the current API, Android will create the activity extending AppCompatActivity. Id does this so it can support older API levels.
4. The theme is tied to the Activity type the Activity extends.
5. Now here where things go wrong. If Android Studio extended one type and you change it to another type (say to match an example) that new type doesn't match the theme stored in the manifest.
My solution is to not change the Activity type and let the AppComptActivity library do it's job.
· December 9, 2015
Thank you very much
Java / Android Development
Very popular language used to create desktop applications, website applets, and Android apps.
|Bucky Roberts Administrator|