Life, psychology, sorting my interests and finding motivation to learn.

+1 Eric Persson · December 4, 2015
There was no psychology section, so I guess I post this here!

My biggest problem has always been that I don't know what I want to be when I grow up (I'm 24 btw).
I have so many interests, the majority of them is IT related, and I don't know how to focus on one of them at a time.
Many fields has so much to learn, and poor ways of telling where to begin. Whatever I start with, it always feels like I'm thrown right in the middle of something. 
I also can not stay focused long enough on a video or a book to actually learn something. My mind just wanders into the mist. 
I've been dealing with depression and stress, and I don't know if that's why. Some times I don't feel like doing anything at all, nothing is fun. But I still have aspirations. I want to work with IT, but everyone says different things... I don't even know what I'm writing, or what I  hope to achive with this, I just had to get something off me you know...

Post a Reply

Oldest  Newest  Rating
+1 Yannis Sp · December 7, 2015
First of all don't panic. You ask hard questions that need time to figure out.Some people never find answers to those questions so take your time, relax and congratulate yourself for the fact that you want to achieve the best possible life for you! 

I would suggest you to think if someone or something in your environment forces you to do something you don't like or have super high expectations from you.Maybe that someone is you.If it's you it's ok , but you should accept the fact that this is not the best way to approach life and you should start thinking in a different way.

The easiest way to think in a different way (as i have tried for myself) is to look how great people view life.And then copy and see what fits you the best.It's not easy but you need to try and stay focus on that mission because it will make your life more beautiful.

Here is a book that has helped me a lot:

Hope i helped :-)

p.s Don't listen to all the people all the time.
0 Eric Persson · December 7, 2015
Thank you! 

I will take a look at that book you linked, might help me sort a few things out in my life. 
I do have lust for life, I just feel a bit lost right now. 

Again thank you you did help! : )

General Chat

Chat about anything non-computer related including, music, movies, tuna sandwiches, and more!

Bucky Roberts Administrator