A Static Web App to A Windows Executable

+2 Sampan Verma · November 17, 2015
I have this static web application, let's assume it is a calculator. Then how would I convert into a real-time desktop app rather than opening in browser. How would I convert that calculator web page (containingHTML5, CSS3 and JavaScript) to a normal windows-7 like calculator.
"Calculator is just an assumption."
Help is always appreciated.

Thank you :).

Post a Reply

Oldest  Newest  Rating
0 Rafae Raees · November 17, 2015
buddy you need to use another programming language like java to create web apps. 
0 Sampan Verma · November 19, 2015
But to you dont see the point. There is this Phonegap to convert Static Web Apps to Android. Isn't there anything which can convert web app to Windows Desktop Application?
0 Rafae Raees · November 21, 2015
no I haven't heard of anything like that before man
0 Myron Ortiz · November 22, 2015
Hey Sampan you can use what we call WebKits. These are frameworks that have functions for you to be able to display webpages such as your calculator. 

Java has a built in WebKit in it's JavaFX framework. I've used and it's "OKAY" I mean just okay. Try not to use any SVG with it. It can't read it that well. GTK has it's WebKit as well and the best WebKit I personally use is the QtWebkit since I'm a C++ developer but it has bindings with other languages as well.

Try looking into Atom. It's a text editor implemented the same way. It's written in HTML, CSS, JavaScript displayed through a webkit. :)
0 Alvin zach · November 22, 2015
try visualstudio it has an option  to create native html5 apps 

HTML / CSS / Web Design

Discuss, share, ask, learn and teach HTML5 and CSS3.