+1 SK KS · November 12, 2015

Post a Reply

Oldest  Newest  Rating
+1 vizual swami · November 13, 2015
You'll need to enable the ARM system image under SDK platforms > Android 6. Restart as admin and go to AVD manager> create virtual device, after you select hardware, make sure you select ARM as your system image. That error should be gone.
+1 Gary Whitney · November 13, 2015
The reason the HAXM kernel isn't installed is not obvious because the SDK my indicate that it is installed but you never executed it. follow the Intel link at the bottom of this summary. It is more verbose than these posts.

There are different AVDs, Those that use x86 and those that don't.

If you have  and Intel processor that supports HAXM then you can use the AVDs that use x86 system images.

Click the device you want to use in AVD manager and click the  edit icon.

the second line down will confirm if the device is using an x86 system image.

If  you don't have and Intel processor, you will need to clone the device and modify it so it has a non x86 system image.

If you do have and Intel processor, then here is my "canned" answer.

1. You need to have an Intel chip set that supports HAXM.

2. You have to turn it on in your BIOS

3. You need to download AND install HAXM in your SDK manager.

I found this link and followed instructions for installing using Studio >  Tools > Android> SDK Manager

0 SK KS · November 16, 2015
I had SDK installed to ADM, now I have installed on intell. It allows me to start, but when I press play button 'run', then it says following:
0 SK KS · November 16, 2015
This is what I get:
C:\Users\njb\AppData\Local\Android\sdk\tools\emulator.exe -netdelay none -netspeed full -avd Nexus_5_API_23_x86
emulator: WARNING: Requested RAM size of 1536MB is too large for your environment, and is reduced to 864MB.
emulator: device fd:556
HAXM is not working and emulator runs in emulation mode
emulator: The memory needed by this AVD exceeds the max specified in your HAXM configuration.
emulator: AVD      RAM size = 864 MB
emulator: HAXM max RAM size = 512 MB
emulator: You might want to adjust your AVD RAM size and/or HAXM configuration to run in fast virt mode.
Cannot set up guest memory 'pc.ram': Invalid argument
+1 Gary Whitney · November 17, 2015
I see two things:
1. This line" HAXM is not working and emulator runs in emulation mode" is telling you that your are not running in fast virt mode.
2. HAXM max RAM size = 512 MB and your avd requires 864: The more powerful the device the more memory it needs.

1 Checking the box Use Host GPU on your device configuration will reduce the memory need to emulate it.
2. After installing the HAXM from intel you have to run the exe to make it functional. During this  process you are given a chance to increase the RAM size to more than the default 512.. ( choose 1 GB). I THINK you can readjust it if you run the exe again.
I was using windows 8 with an i5 CPU when I installed A.S. the first time.
It seems to me that if you have an I5 CPU, then you should be able to clone one of the x86 devices and use it .
Enabling the ARM image would be used  if you had a ARM CPU, wouldn't it?
0 salwa ahmed · November 18, 2015
what about laptop that has pentium?
+1 Gary Whitney · November 19, 2015
The answer will be in the BIOS. If it has the ability to turn on Intel Hardware Accelerator then turn it on.
I thought this was explained in the Intel link I posted. Sorry if it wasn't.

If you can't get use HAXM the you might try GenyMotion. Check out this reference from another user.

Yeah It's Awesome,
Simply Download the Genymotion From the Website https://www.genymotion.com/#!/download

Setup Your Android Sdk Path in Genymotion
Add Your Custom Devices

Go To Android Studio Setting
now Switch to the Plugin Section and Type Genymotion, there you can install plugins for android studio...

Now Open the Genymotion First, the run app from studio, there is showing genymotion online, that's how it works.
0 SK KS · November 20, 2015
SOLVED for Intel. Started emulatorhaxm.exe and adjusted memory to max. 1.5GB, Downgraded Android System Image to Kitkat and Virtual Device to Kitkat, Pressed Tools-->Android and Unchecked Enable AVD Integration, Finally set 450MB of memory for Virtual Device. It Works for Intel.

Java / Android Development

Very popular language used to create desktop applications, website applets, and Android apps.

Bucky Roberts Administrator