Where to after Beginners Java Videos

+4 Jean DeZonia · July 28, 2014
Hey everyone, first time posting in this forums. I have been watching Bucky's "Gregs" videos for a while now, and i'm almost done with his beginner videos for java.

What do I do after this? Do i go to the Intermediate videos or do I go to some gaming videos?

My goal is to learn java to the best of my ability and find a job with it, I want to take the OCA Java Associate and Professional certification exams asap, BUT I also want to have some fun with this stuff (make games, especially android games to put on the market)...

Also a little about me, i'm currently pursing my Master's in Management information systems, and I need something to help me get into the IT field, because what the heck is the point of having a master's without any experience!

Anyways, I would love some input and if there is a thread about this already i'm sorry, but I couldn't find one.

Thank you for your help

Post a Reply

- page 2
Oldest  Newest  Rating
0 Jean DeZonia · July 29, 2014
I wasn't looking towards the java certifications to "Learn Java" but to show that I am knowledgeable in Java, allowing employers to at least look at my resume. Otherwise I dont have much to go off of yet when applying for a job.
0 Mathias Frits Rørvik · July 28, 2014
I don't think certifications help with programming languages (correct me if I am wrong, please).  
0 Jean DeZonia · July 28, 2014
I was gonna read Head First java... My finance is currently reading that book, and I was also reading it on the kindle, but stopped because I hate reading off of a screen.

What is your opinion on java certifications? What should i study to get the OCA associate and professional and do those help in finding a job?
0 Ivan M. · July 28, 2014
Same here, good questions !

Java / Android Development

Very popular language used to create desktop applications, website applets, and Android apps.

Bucky Roberts Administrator